The G-81 18cm Vegetable Knife is inspired by traditional Japanese Usuba knives, popular amongst professional chefs in Japan as a specialist vegetable knife. The idea behind the shape of the blade is that it encourages a straight up down chopping motion where the full blade length meets the chopping board so it will go straight through the whole vegetable. The fluted blade works exceptionally well with this blade shape as it creates an air pocket between the blades face and food which prevents sticking.
The G-81 is made from CROMOVA 18 stainless steel, specially developed by GLOBAL as it holds a razor-sharp edge and resists rust, stains and corrosion. Ice tempered and hardened to Rockwell C56-58, each knife is carefully weighted by filling the handles with sand to achieve the optimum weight and perfect balance. Other unique features include its smooth contours and seamless construction which eliminates food and dirt traps offering the ultimate in safety and hygiene. The acute 15-degree angle cutting edge provides unsurpassed performance and superior edge retention.
- CROMOVA 18 stainless steel blade, edge retains razor sharpness and resists rust, stains and corrosion.
- Acute 15 Degree Cutting Edge, provides unsurpassed performance and superior edge retention.
- Ice tempered and hardened to Rockwell C56-C58.
- Smooth contours and seamless construction eliminate food and dirt traps, offering the ultimate in safety and hygiene.
- Perfectly balanced handles precisely calibrated to offset the weight of the blade.
- Made in Japan